At First Tee – Cleveland, we’re Building Game Changers by empowering kids and teens to be the best version of themselves. By seamlessly integrating the game of golf with character-building, we create learning experiences that help kids uncover their inner strength, self-confidence, and resilience that they can carry to everything they do. Our trained coaches not only provide an introduction to junior golf and an opportunity to enhance golf skills, but they also create a safe, supportive, and empowering environment to help your child prepare for life ahead, including friendships, school, college and even their careers.
Through our program, kids will learn skills that stay with them for life:
- Understanding and managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
- Golf fundamentals and advanced techniques
Advancing through the Program
At each age group, participants engage with the 5 Key Commitments: Pursuing Goals, Growing through Challenge, Collaborating with Others, Building Positive Self-Identity, and Using Good Judgement, while focusing on mastering golf fundamentals and building upon a golf skill foundation as they advance within the program.
- Be active and have fun with peers in a safe and encouraging manner
- Build inner strength and self-confidence
- Learn to play golf
- Focus on building relationships with other players while exploring the game of golf
- Explore character concepts in active and collaborative ways that are valuable on and off the course
- Develop golf skills and enthusiasm for the game
- Support positive Game Changing behaviors in fun and meaningful ways
- Explore both golf skills and characters commitments while having fun with peers
- Provide opportunities to demonstrate mastery and growth in golf skills and abilities
- Support growth and development of early adolescents
- Build character and support personal development
- Develop additional golf skills and abilities
- Look toward their future and plan their own paths
- Evaluate, reflect, and apply their understanding of life and golf skills to new situations on and off the course
2023 Program Line-up:
We invite kids and teens from across Greater Cleveland to participate with us for some fun and friendship on the fairways! If your child is interested in making friends, learning golf skills and having fun, then we are the program for you! In a safe environment, participants seamlessly learn from trained coaches all about First Tee’s Core Values and Life Skills. All participants receive a First Tee golf shirt and hat!
2023 Program Sessions & Schedules:
- Spring Session: April 17 – May 27
- Summer Session: June 12 – July 29
- Fall Session: August 28 – October 7
Click the links below to view the flyer with program and registration details for each Program Location:
- Washington Golf Course in Newburgh Heights (main campus)
- Briardale Greens Golf Course in Euclid
- Meadowood Golf Course in Westlake
- Meadowood Summer Youth Golf League in Westlake
- Grantwood Golf Course in Solon
- Black Brook Golf Course in Mentor – coming soon!
- Whiskyville Golf Club in South Amherst
- Brentwood Golf Club in Grafton
TO REGISTER FOR PROGRAMS: First Tee – Cleveland uses the online registration platform Salesforce. This technology helps us track your child’s progression throughout the First Tee program, allow an easy way to navigate and register for classes, and a seamless check out process. Along with all of our participant information, the platform will also help us keep record of our coaches and their progress within the chapter, as well as coach training.
For Meadowood Programs, payment must be made directly through the City of Westlake’s Recreation Department Online Registration.
Fit To A Tee Cooking Program
Saturdays: February 18 & 25; March 4, 11, 18 & 25; 10:00 AM – Noon; Washington Campus
Ages 8-18: Are you a: mad scientist, “Chopped” wannabe, family foodie, OR you just love to EAT? Join us as we create dinner in a pot or pan, make broccoli BROWNIES, and use those leftovers! Click the following link to view the flyer with complete details: Fit To A Tee 2023
Caddie Training Program 2023
Teens ages 14-18 are invited to register for our Caddie Training Program taking place at Washington Golf Course on Saturdays, March 4, 11, 18 and 25 from 1:00-3:00 pm. Click the following link to view the flyer with complete details: CADDIE TRAINING PROGRAM FLYER